Hello, I am Marieke Blokland, owner of Bloknote and BloknoteAcademy I really value and respect you and your privacy. That is why I do everything to treat your personal information that you provide with me, confidentially and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. In this writing I clearly state why I collect your information, how I use it and how I store it.
When in this writing I write “I” or “me”, I mean we at Bloknote and BloknoteAcademy, and also all of the URL domains that belong to Bloknote, which are:
In this Privacy Statement I share how I use data or information that you share with me. This Privacy Statement applies to the use of the information you share with me:
1. online if you visit one of my websites named above
2. offline if you share information with me, for example if you give me your e-mail address at an event because you want to receive our newsletter or information or when you purchase a service or product offline.
Even if you share offline data with me, you agree with this Privacy Statement.
On all my websites, the information you share with me is sent to me via a secure connection (SSL).
I do not pass on your information to third parties for commercial purposes and I do not share your information in any way with third parties outside the parties described in this Privacy Statement, unless you specifically gave me permission.
These are the parties / services I work with. If you visit my websites, click on any of my links, watch my video’s and/or buy a product these services may also collect information from you:
- other external links
The Information that I collect
On my websites I collect and / or receive two types of information:
1. Personal data that you gave to me actively
If you sign up to receive the latest updates on blogs and videos through my newsletter, participate in one of my surveys or sign up for a webinar or other free inspiration, I ask you to share your information with me, such as your first name and e-mail address.
I do not collect personal information when you visit the website unless you have voluntarily shared it with me, for example by completing a form to receive my newsletters and information.
When you purchase a product, I ask for your last name, street address, country and telephone number in addition to your first name and email address. I ask for your street address, zipcode and country to prepare your invoice properly. I need this information to be able to proof to the EU gouvernement, that you are a real person with an existing residence. We ask your telephone number because that is standard in forms like these, but I don’t have any intention of using it.
I always use a secure payment environment for your order. In order to make payment and invoicing possible, I send your payment details directly from our secure payment environment to the payment service provider of your choice: Paypal or Sisow iDeal.
Sisow iDeal and Paypal makes your payment for us. I point out that Sisow Ideal and Paypal use their own user conditions and Privacy Statement for the use of your information. Check their websites here: www.sisow.nl and www.paypal.com
Next to Sisow iDeal and Paypal, your information is stored by Taxamo. Taxamo collects information I need for the EU law on digital goods. All this service does is collect your first and last name, Street address, Zip code, country and IP-address. This information will be stored for as long as required by the EU law, but no longer than needed. For more information check the Privacy Statement on the Taxamo website: www.taxamo.com
2. Personal data that is automatically collected for technical reasons
How I use your data
* I will email you to deliver the services or digital products you have purchased, such as the registration link for the learning environment, the invoice and updates in the learning environment. If you have purchased a product or service from me, I will send you my newsletter with updates of the blogs and videos
* I will email you (if you have not purchased a product or service) only if you have given explicit permission for this, my newsletter with updates about the blogs and videos
* I will email you if you have explicitly requested to receive the free freebies and valuable information that you have requested. After this I will not automatically put you on my mailing list but I will explicitly ask your explicit permission
* I use your data to give you support and information with my services and products and our learning environment that you have purchased
* I may also email you to ask for your feedback about my products and services
* I will email you to inform you about my services and products if I think you can find them super interesting. I keep track of what you have previously purchased or requested from us so that we do not unnecessarily bother you with information that does not suit your interests or situation. I only do this if you have explicitly given permission to receive our newsletter or have purchased a product or service from me (see points 1 and 2).
* I also use your information to get employees or parties to whom we outsource work (such as technical support, marketing support, customer service) to contact you for the delivery of our services and products, for technical problems with signing up for the newsletter, or to solve questions and problems when logging into our learning environment. These parties are of course obliged to treat your data confidentially.
* The log-in data that you create for our learning environment is stored on a protected website. I can not view your password and only see your username and e-mail address in the learning environment.
Changing and viewing your information
You can find the specific information I have from you here: https://www.bloknoteacademy.nl/?page_id=494
Deleting your account
You are free to delete your account at the BloknoteAcademy website by clicking on Delete Account at the bottom of the My Account tab here.
Be aware that by deleting your account you will loose access to your courses and you will have to re-purchase them to enroll.
Requesting insight and customizing your information
If you have signed up on my websites for my newsletter or the other awesome free things I share, I will email you to ensure that you can receive what I have promised you. I use the mail program Mailchimp for this. That means that Mailchimp receives your data as well.
I process this data for as long as you are on my mailing list and you have not signed out. The data you have provided to me can be changed at any time by sending an email to privacy <<@>> bloknote.nl
You can easily unsubscribe yourself from mailings via the links at the bottom of every email that you receive from me. Once you have unsubscribed from my newsletter, I will completely delete your data within 6 months. You can not unsubscribe from communications and emails that are necessary to complete your purchase process, otherwise I can not deliver (some of) the products to you that you have purchased.
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. You also have the right to withdraw the permission to process your data that you have given us. If you want, send an email to privacy <<@>> bloknote.nl
Finally, I point out that you have the right to file a complaint about the processing with the Dutch Data Protection Authority. For more information, check their website here: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/en
Please pay attention to the information that you share on my websites or on social media
I think your privacy is important! But there are places where I can in no way influence the protection of your privacy and therefore you would like to make you aware of this. Be aware that all information that you makes available to third parties – such as comments on my blogs, in a chat during a webinar or on my social media – may be heard, read and collected by others outside of Bloknote.nl and BloknoteAcademy.com. I can not be hold responsible for any improper use of this information by third parties.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
Any changes to my websites may result in changes to this Privacy Statement. I therefore recommend that you regularly read this Privacy Statement again.
Questions about the Privacy Statement
I keep this Privacy Statement up-to-date according to the developments in the Privacy legislation.
Do you have questions? Send an email to privacy <<@>> bloknote.nl and put “privacy statement” in the subject line of your email.
Bloknote.nl / BloknoteAcademy
4834 AG Breda