Frequently Asked Questions.
Please note that your art teacher Marieke Blokland from Bloknote.nl values her time with her family during Weekend days and does not work on Saturday and Sunday. Thank you for understanding.
How do I make an account?
- Make a free account at Bloknote Academy, by clicking on the log-in button on the top right and follow the sign up instructions
- By purchasing an e-workshop or e-course an account will be created automatically.
- You will need only one account.
How do I edit the Avatar?
- This website uses gravatar avatars.
- If you want your personal avatar to appear make an account using the same e-mail address at gravatar.com
- The avatar will change automatically, as long as you use add the e-mail address that you used for you BloknoteAcademy-account to your Gravatar-account too.
How do I purchase an e-course or e-workshop?
- Purchase the e-workshop, printables or e-course of your choice by adding it to your basket and check out.
- Follow the payment instructions.
- Don’t forget to use your coupon code should you have one.
- If you forgot to enter a coupon code, money is not refundable.
- Any new e-courses or e-workshops that you will purchase later, will all be listed at the “my Courses” section of that same account.
How can I pay?
- Payments are made via Paypal
- Dutch people can pay via iDeal
- You can also pay with your credit card via the Paypal website.
Are there other payment options?
- Currently not. But if you prefer a bank transferal mail me at: support AT bloknoteacademy.com
When will I have access?
- After going through the payment process you will have direct access to your e-course, e-book or e-workshop.
- If you do not have instant access, the reason could be due to technical issues on the website. In this case – though it will rarely happen – I will try to get everything fixed within 72 hours.
- Check you spam folder first if you did not receive a welcome mail.
- Access to the Facebook group is a free, extra service of BloknoteAcademy. Of course I will try to add you as soon as I can!
For how long will I have access?
- You can access all your e-workshop(s) and e-course(s) 24/7 from any device with an internet connection for a “lifetime”, or as long as Bloknote Academy is in business. Check the terms and conditions if you need to know more.
- The pdf books are yours to download, as well as the SD version of the video’s. But please do respect to rule that they are only for your personal use only.
- You are responsible for your own back up of the downloaded files.
Are the workshops and courses live or self-study?
- All my e-courses and e-workshops are self-study.
- There will be a Facebook group available for you for extra support. This is an extra service of BloknoteAcademy, but there is no live virtual class per workshop or course.
How do I follow my progress?
- Under the “My Courses” button you will see which e-courses or e-workshops you are following and you can follow your progress there. I advice you to not click on the ‘Complete lesson’ buttons, as they do not work that well, sorry for inconvenience.
How can I get extra support if I have questions?
- If you want extra support you can visit the Facebook group and ask questions to your teacher Marieke Blokland or to your fellow students. You can also share your work there or ask for feedback.
- You may always e-mail us at support [AT] bloknoteacademy.com if you have questions, but, please do check to FAQ page first.
- Please note that your art teacher Marieke Blokland from Bloknote.nl values her time with her family during Weekend days and school vacations and does not work on Saturday and Sunday. Thank you for understanding.
Can I share video’s that I download on BloknoteAcademy?
- No. You are not allowed to share the video’s, or any other content that you have purchased at BloknoteAcademy.com or BloknoteAcademy.nl
- You are allowed to download the SD-versions of the video’s, but those are FOR PERSONAL USE only. This is an extra service from Bloknote/Marieke Blokland, so that you can also use the video’s on a portable device when you do not have internet access.
- I trust my students, so please help me keeping that trust and do not distribute the video’s nor the pdf’s to others. Thank you!
- You are allowed to show and share the video’s with anyone who is living in the same household.
How do I complete or reset lessons?
- The complete lesson button unfortunately do not work very well. I have been looking for other options, but currently I have not solved this problem yet. Sorry for inconvenience.
Are the workshops and courses for beginners or advanced?
- All workshops are doable for both beginners as well as advanced.
- For beginners I often include templates or easy tips and tricks. More advanced artists often give extra challenges and encourage them to develop their own style.
Do I need experience in drawing or painting?
Can I get my money back?
- No, I am sorry. Because all products are digital/virtual and therefor no refunds are possible once you have purchased an e-workshop or e-course.
- All sales are final. All digital products are non-refundable and non-returnable.
Are the art supplies included?
- No. All products sold on Bloknote Academy are virtual/digital.
- All art materials you need you have to buy yourself. You can buy these at your local arts & crafts or scrapbook store or in online shops.
What art supplies do I need?
- A detailed supply list will be provide with each course/workshop.
- There will be a general supply list availble on this website too.
- You do not have to buy the exact same brands I use. They are put on the lists as recommendations.
- Most supplies will be available at your local arts and crafts store.
- If you can’t find a specific art or drawing medium, ask me or your fellow students in the facebook group with which material it can be replaced. Most often similar materials are available under different names or brands.
What acrylic paint brand do I need?
- You can use any acrylic brand you wish. I myself use Ara acrylics most often in my lessons. Occasionally I also use Old Holland, Liquitex, Amsterdam or Golden. I often use Folk-Art or Americana paints too.
- I can’t look into your wallet, and I don’t want to force you to make costs you can’t afford. You can make pretty art with any brand, cheap or expensive.
What are the system requirements?
- I am not the most technical person on earth, so should you experience trouble accessing the courses or lessons try to ask your wizzkid nephew, friends or family, your partner or whomever who can solve the problem for you.
- Of course you can mail me with technical problems as well: support AT bloknoteacademy.com is the address.
- If you do experience trouble it is most likely due to browser settings. With a browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari and the right cookie and java settings you should be able to access the courses and workshops. If you’re using a different browser it might not be compatible.
- I regularly test my website on Safari and an Android mobile and tablet to avoid technical issues.
What are your copyrights?
- Please do read the Terms & Conditions for detailed copyrights.
- All video’s, text, images, PDFs, photo’s and illustration is the copyright of Marieke Blokland / Bloknote.
- All my video’s, text, images, PDFs, photo’s and illustratio cannot be resold, printed for commercial use, published, distributed electronically or redistribution of any kind, under NO circumstances.
Suggestions, feedback, complaints, worries, trouble or questions?
- Do you have any suggestions, feedback, complaints, worries, trouble or questions? Do not hesitate to e-mail me at: support [at] bloknoteacademy[dot] com