- “She’ll change your life!”
- Inspired by the French feel good movie “Amélie”.
- The most inspiring mixed media art e-course you have ever done.
- Four week e-course with 8 lessons + 1 bonus lesson
- Honoring the small things in life.
- Full of Surprises.
★ Why a tribute to Amélie?
Le fabuleux destin d’Amélie Poulain is one of the most inspiring movies I have ever seen. I think I’ve seen it a billion times. The movie got under my skin. In every single piece of art I make, every party I give, every gift I wrap, I always, always have to think of Amélie at some point. Suprise others for no reason. Give. Think. Admire. Feel. Cry. Love. Embrace. If we all can give a tiny bit to the world of the message given by that movie, the world will become a more colorful and friendly place.
★ Homework before the e-course
There will be none of the music and no fragments of the movie inside my workshop, because of their copyrights. Before you do this e-workshop I suggest you either buy or rent the movie and watch it carefully. Le fabuleux destin d’Amélie Poulain (2001), directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet, lenght 122 minutes. Another way to get in the right mood is to listen to the amazing soundtrack of this movie, made by Yann Tiersen. IMDB: www.imdb.com/title/tt0211915/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 YouTube: hwww.youtube.com/watch?v=Ciqf8yMVzAk
★ What will you learn and make?
The big lesson learned is to embrace the small things and surprise yourself and others. I will teach how to surprise yourself in your art. We’ll make a gift, a nice wrapper and snail mail project for someone dear to you. We’ll make unusual color combinations such as mint green, emerald green, red and gold. We’ll be using polka dots and other cute and simple patterns. We’ll use the gelliplate, I’ll teach you how to draw and color some whimsical mixed media characters with a Parisian look, I’ll send you out to search in thrift stores to find surprises to use in your art.
A detailed supply list will be given at the start of the course. We will be using acrylic paints, graphite pencil, the Gelli Arts gelprinting plate and a brayer, Caran d’ache crayons, collage papers, found objects, white gesso and probably a couple of things more. ;-)
★ What will you get for the price?
- A truck load of inspiration and fun (really!). This may be one of the nicest and most inspiring e-workshops you have ever done!
- You will make lots of surprising mixed media art projects and an awesome snail mail project.
- A four week self study course. You can jump in at any time.
- 8 awesome downloadable video’s* of about 12-27 minutes each, made by your art teacher Marieke Blokland (*in SD only for your personal mobile devices).
- 1 supply list
- 9 printable pdf’s.
- Support by Marieke through the BloknoteAcademy Facebook-group.
Week 1: The right mood for Amélie Introduction video Supply list and introduction .pdf Lesson 1: Amélie MoodboardLesson 2: Colors & Patterns Week 2: The Week of Giving Lesson 3: Gift wrap paper with a home made stampLesson 4: Snailmail Surpise Week 3: Found Treasures Lesson 5: Memory box collageLesson 6: Portrait of Amélie Week 4: Amélie Forever Lesson 7: A quote on the wall Lesson 8: Traveling Amélie doll