Do you still have any questions after watching the video “How it works”? Check the Frequently Asked Questions here.
Please note that your art teacher Marieke Blokland from Bloknote.nl values her time with her family during Weekend days and does not work on Saturday and Sunday. Thank you for understanding.
How do I make an account?
- Make a free account at Bloknote Academy, by clicking on the log-in button on the top right and follow the sign up instructions
- This will give you access to free content (available approx. autumn 2014).
- By purchasing an e-workshop or e-course an account will be created automatically.
- You will need only one account.
How do I edit the Avatar?
- This website uses gravatar avatars.
- If you want your personal avatar to appear make an account using the same e-mail address at gravatar.com
- The avatar will change automatically, as long as you use add the e-mail address that you used for you BloknoteAcademy-account to your Gravatar-account too.
How do I purchase an e-course or e-workshop?
- Purchase the e-workshop, printable or e-course of your choice by adding it to your basket and check out.
- Follow the payment instructions.
- Don’t forget to use your coupon code should you have one.
- If you forgot to enter a coupon code, money is not refundable.
- Any new new e-courses or e-workshops that you will purchase later, will all be listed at the “my Courses” section of that same account.
How can I pay?
- Payments are made via Paypal.
- You can also pay with your credit card via the Paypal website.
When will I have access?
- After going through the payment process you will have direct access to your e-course, e-book or e-workshop.
- If you do not have instant access, the only reason could be due to technical issues on the website. In this case – though it will rarely happen – I will try to get everything fixed within 72 hours.
- Access to the secret Facebook and/or Flickr group is a free, extra service of BloknoteAcademy. Of course I will try to add you as soon as I can!
For how long will I have access?
- You can access all your e-workshop(s) and e-course(s) 24/7 from any device with an internet connection for a “lifetime”, or as long as Bloknote is in business. Marieke Bloknote is now 33 and hopes to become 90 years old one day, but you never know what the future may bring…. *wink*
- The pdf books are yours to download, as well as the SD version of the video’s. But please do respect to rule that they are only for your personal use only.
- You are responsible for your own back up of the downloaded files.
Are the workshops and courses live or self-study?
- All my e-courses and e-workshops are self-study.
- There will be a facebook and flickr group available for you for extra support. This is an extra service of BloknoteAcademy, but there is no live virtual class per workshop or course.
How do I follow my progress?
- Under the “My Courses” button you will see which e-courses or e-workshops you are following and you can follow your progress there.
- In some e-courses you will get quizes to follow your progress. These are just for fun.
How can I get extra support if I have questions?
- If you want extra support you can visit the secret Facebook group and ask questions to your teacher Marieke Blokland or to your fellow Mixed Media School students. You can also share your work there or ask for feedback.
- You may allways e-mail Marieke at info [at] bloknote [dot] nl if you have questions, but since I am quite busy, please do check to FAQ page first.
- Please note that your art teacher Marieke Blokland from Bloknote.nl values her time with her family during Weekend days and does not work on Saturday and Sunday. Thank you for understanding.
Can I share video’s that I download on BloknoteAcademy?
- No. You are not allowed to share the video’s, or any other content that you have purchased at BloknoteAcademy.com or BloknoteAcademy.nl
- You are allowed to download the SD-versions of the video’s, but those are FOR PERSONAL USE only. This is an extra service from Bloknote/Marieke Blokland, so that you can also use the video’s on a portable device when you do not have internet access.
- I trust my students, so please help me keeping that trust and do not distribute the video’s nor the pdf’s to others. Thank you!
- You are allowed to show and share the video’s with anyone who is living in the same household.
How do I complete or reset lessons?
- Click on the e-workshop or e-course you want to do. Follow the instructions there.
- Click on the ‘complete lesson’ button once you have completed the lesson.
- Some course lesson will have a questionary tot test your knowledge. This is optional, just for fun.
- You can reset the ‘completed’ status and start over again by clicking the ‘reset lesson’ button.
Are the workshops and courses for beginners or advanced?
- All workshops are doable for both beginners as well as advanced.
- For beginners I will include templates. The advanced I encourage to develop their own style.
Do I need experience in drawing or painting?
Can I get my money back?
- No, I am sorry. Because all products are digital/virtual and therefor no refunds are possible once you have purchased an e-workshop or e-course.
- All sales are final. All digital products are non-refundable and non-returnable.
Are the art supplies included?
- No. All products sold on Bloknote Academy are virtual/digital.
- All art materials you need you have to buy yourself. You can buy these at your local arts & crafts or scrapbook store or in online shops.
What art supplies do I need?
- A detailed supply list will be provide with each course/workshop.
- There will be a general supply list availble on this website too. View this general list of my supply recommendations here.
- You do not have to buy the exact same brands I use. They are put on the lists as recommendations.
- I don’t use any odd materials, so all supplies should be easily available at your local arts and crafts store.
- If you can’t find a specific art or drawing medium, ask me or your fellow students in the secret facebook group with which material it can be replaced. Most often similar materials are available under different names or brands.
What acrylic paint brand do I need?
- You can use any acrylic brand you wish. I myself use Ara acrylics most often in my lessons. Occasionally I also use Old Holland. I often use cheaper Folk-Art or Americana paints to play with.
- If you want to use the same pallet of colors I advice you to start working with Ara acrylics. However, Ara is a Dutch brand and therefor cheaper here. If you find it hard to find or if it is too expensive, I advice you to use a brand like Talens, Golden, W&N or Liquitex.
- I can’t look into your wallet, and I don’t want to force you to make costs you can’t afford. You can make pretty art with any brand, cheap or expensive.
What are the system requirements?
- I am not the most technical person on earth, so should you experience trouble accessing the courses or lessons try to ask your fellow students at the secret facebook group, your wizzkid nephew, friends or family, your partner or whomever who can solve the problem for you.
- If you do experience trouble it is most likely due to browser settings. With a browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari and the right cookie and java settings you should be able to access the courses and workshops. If you’re using a different browser it might not be compatible.
- I regularly test my website on Safari, Internet Explorer and an Android mobile and tablet to avoid technical issues.
What are your copyrights?
- Please do read the Terms & Conditions for detailed copyrights.
- All video’s, text, images, PDFs, photo’s and illustration is the copyright of Marieke Blokland / Bloknote.
- All my video’s, text, images, PDFs, photo’s and illustratio cannot be resold, printed for commercial use, published, distributed electronically or redistribution of any kind, under NO circumstances.
Suggestions, feedback, complaints, worries, trouble or questions?
- Do you have any suggestions, feedback, complaints, worries, trouble or questions? Do not hesitate to e-mail me at: info [at] bloknote [dot] nl